Saturday, April 23, 2011

Jungle Book : Baloo : King Louis : Disney Cel Set 2pcs


Here are TWO fantastic works of art from Disney's Jungle Book!!

These are prints that were purchased in 1990 at an animation art gallery in Munich, Germany.

They are printed "5 C Reproduction". 5C refers to the printing process: 4 colors plus a spot color or varnish. These prints were made from original production cels of the film and depict the production cel stamp (see the images in the gallery).

The first cel print depicts King Louis holding his head in disbelief and the second shows Baloo dressed as an Orangutan and dancing with King Louis.

Both items are in fantastic condition (please refer to the images). The one depicting the two characters dancing does have 2 small creases which I tried to photograph by tilting the camera. The King Louis has 2 similar creases which did not show up on the photos. If you have any questions about these, contact us and we will attempt to get clearer images of them.

The artwork is extraordinary and the characters are timeless! These are two great pieces to have if you are a Disney or Jungle Book fan!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! I recently found these two prints and I asked myself what their worth is because I am interested in selling them.
Can you help me? I would be very thankful for an answer :)

Kind regards